Thursday, July 29, 2010

Spring Turkey Hunting 2010

The 2010 spring turkey season was a tough one. we did see a lot of nice birds, and did call in a few. I was the only one of my hunting buddies to harves a bird. he had a 9-1/2 inch beard 3/4 inch spurs and weighed 16 lbs. kind of small for an adult bird.
It seems the winter must have been hard on the turkeys, we saw a lot of adult toms, however we only saw one Jake the whole season.
This hen came in to the decoys and calls !
she was clucking and purring answering my calls.
she kept comeing closer clucking the whole time. she seemed to be asking to join my flock of decoys!
I answered her softly, letting her know she was welcome to join our flock!
She kept trying to see the turkey that was answering her. (me calling from inside my pop up blind!)
she kept coming closer trying to find the source of the calls!
Add caption
Add caption
.
.
she came in to about 6 feet from the blind !
 she couldn't find the source of my calls!
she joined the decoys and fed with them for about 20 minutes then calmly walked off!

1 comment:

  1. I love the the country life I currently live in schanectady n.y. and I would love to get closer to the country side of n.y. please consider responding!! I can be contacted via email jcdaniels456@ gmail.com or by mobile phone 845 -591-1186 Jerome

    ReplyDelete